Located in the Northeastern corner of Hungary lies the region of Tokaji, 5500 hectares of vineyards amongst 27 villages, producing some of the worlds greatest white wines, known for centuries as "The Wine of Kings & the King of Wines".
In 2000 Jean-Louis Laborde owner of Pomerol’s highly acclaimed Chateau Clinet, secured a majority share in Pajzos in Tokaji, taking over management of the property and initiating the replanting of Pajzos dűlő, ensuring optimal grape production. Since then Pajzos wines have found their place at dinner tables in prestigious restaurants and at exclusive gala dinners in numerous countries, thus building the fame of the Tokaj Wine Region and its beautiful Tokaji wines.
This wine is fresh and citrusy with lime flavours, a crisp entry wine whose taut acidity provide a beautiful backbone. Fantastic companion to food and great for drinking with friends.
Grape: 90% Furmint, 6% Hárslevelű, 4% Yellow Muscatat
The Cheese Shop:
- Cheese pairing: Camembert du Normandie, Waterloo, Gorgonzola Piccante, Ossau Iraty
- Recommends allowing wine to breathe for 15-20 min, also pair it with shellfish or fish
- Aggregated Critic Score: 88 out of 100
- Wine Style: White - Aromatic and Floral
- User rating: 3.7 out of 5
- Among top 7% of all wines in the world